Each year, HRHero surveys its readers about their HR departments and what has changed in the last year. This year, 820 people took the online survey. The following are highlights of the results.
- 37% of respondents have been in HR for six to 15 years. 28% have been in HR for 16 to 25 years.
- More than 70% of respondents are full-time HR employees and 85% are classified as exempt employees.
- 37% of respondents said they have an annual salary of $71,000 to $110,000. 29% said they have an annual salary of $51,000 to $70,000.
- 53% reported that they typically work 40 to 50 hours per week.
- 55% said the head of HR at their organization reports to either the CEO, president, or executive director.
- 41% reported that HR has an influential seat in the inner circle of strategic planning at their organization.
- 28% said they have an HR department of one person, while 31% reported there are two to three people in their HR department.