BusinessWeek ranks paperback business books that are the most recent bestsellers and provides a short summary.
1. Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking. Author Malcolm Gladwell says snap judgments deserve careful consideration.
2. The World Is Flat 3.0: A Brief History of the Twenty-first Century. Author Thomas L. Friedman says globalization is great â€” sort of.
3. A Whole New Mind: Why Right-Brainers Will Rule the Future. Author Daniel H. Pink says the future belongs to creative “right-brain thinkers.”
4. The SPEED of Trust: The One Thing That Changes Everything. Author Stephen M.R. Covey recommends nurturing credibility in your personal and professional lives.
5. What Color Is Your Parachute? 2008: A Practical Manual for Job-hunters and Career-Changers. Author Richard Nelson Bolles’ enduring job-search bible.
6. The Money Book for the Young, Fabulous & Broke. Author Suze Orman covers topics from career plans to credit cards.
7. Rich Dad’s Prophecy: Why The Biggest Stock Market Crash in History is Still Coming…and How You Can Prepare Yourself and Profit From It!. Author Robert T. Kiyosaki with Sharon L. Lechter warn that a very big crash is coming soon.
8. How to Win Friends & Influence People. Author Dale Carnegie’s classic networking guidebook.
9. Rich Dad’s Increase Your Financial IQ: Get Smarter with Your Money (Rich Dad’s). Author Robert T. Kiyosaki gives five principles of money intelligence.
10. The Total Money Makeover Workbook. Author Dave Ramsey helps readers shape up their finances.
11. The Adventures of Johnny Bunko: The Last Career Guide You’ll Ever Need. Author Daniel H. Pink gives a career guide in comic book form.
12. Fooled by Randomness: The Hidden Role of Chance in Life and in the Markets. Author Nassim Nicholas Taleb claims there is uncertainty and luck in daily life and the financial markets.
13. Leadership and Self Deception: Getting Out of the Box. The Arbinger Institute produced this fable with the moral that it’s a leaders’ motivation that matter.
14. Start Late, Finish Rich: A No-Fail Plan for Achieving Financial Freedom at Any Age (Finish Rich Book Series). Author David Bach gives strategies for Baby Boomers nearing the age of retirement.
15. The Goal: A Process of Ongoing Improvement. Author Eliyahu M. Goldratt gives tips for bringing company strategies in line with your No. 1 purpose: making money.