March 16 through 22 is National Poison Prevention Week, so this is a good time to retrain on poison prevention precautions.
Check with the safety data sheet (SDS) and your supervisor for the proper personal protective equipment (PPE) to use, which may include:
- Safety goggles or glasses
- Protective suits or other clothing
- Protective boots or boot covers
If your PPE gets contaminated, remove it in the proper sequence to prevent further contamination. Here’s how:
- Avoid touching contaminated clothing. When you unfasten contaminated snaps and zippers, wear gloves or hold the clothing from the inside.
- Remove items from the upper body first and work your way down.
- Place clothing immediately and properly in containers for disposal or decontamination.
Finally, follow these good hygiene habits to help protect yourself and your family from contamination:
- Keep food, coffee mugs, and other nonessential items out of the work area.
- Wash thoroughly before eating, drinking, smoking, or using the toilet if you’ve been working where you could have been exposed to hazardous substances.
- Don’t keep PPE or work clothes in the same locker with your personal clothing.
- Wash thoroughly after any potential exposure to a hazardous substance—for at least 15 minutes if you know you were exposed.
- Shower and change clothes when possible before leaving work.
- Launder work clothes separately from other clothing or linens.
- Don’t take tools, scrap, packaging, and similar items home.
Find out more at www.poisonprevention.org.
Ready-To-Use Safety Training Courses
Are you looking for safety training material on dozens of other critical safety topics? Topics such as:
- Back Safety
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Permit-Required Confined Spaces
- Substance Abuse in the Workplace
- Exit Routes
- Fall Protection
- Hazard Communication
- Slips and Falls
- Violence in the Workplace
Train for Compliance—and for Safety’s Sake
Unlike many training solutions available on the market today, TrainingToday courses are routinely reviewed and updated to reflect changes in federal regulations or best practices. Each training course is developed by BLR® lawyers, industry experts, and instructional designers who have experience across a wealth of industries, topics, and compliance areas.
Courses keep participants interested with engaging audio, built-in exercises, and key points to remember. At the completion of every course, individuals take a quiz designed to test for competency in all the course material presented. Quiz results and course completion times are automatically recorded.
Every course can be tailored with supporting and custom documents. BLR® provides supporting documents for courses that include complete speaker notes and the answer key for the included quiz. As the administrator, you have the option of displaying uploaded documents and requiring review before the session begins. This is especially useful for company policies or worksite-specific information. Supporting materials can be added, edited, or removed at any time.
With only a few minutes’ setup, your company will have a complete Web-based training program with professionally developed courses, employee testing capabilities, and systematic documentation of employee training sessions and scores. And remember, BLR TrainingToday courses can be delivered at individual employee desks, in computer centers, at training kiosks, or even in a classroom.
No wonder BLR’s TrainingToday was named “Best Workforce Training Solution” by the Software Information Industry Association. It can help you launch a cost-effective and successful employee training program.
We urge you to sign up for a no-obligation demo by visiting the award-winning TrainingToday. Or, feel free to call our customer service people toll-free at 866-696-4827.