The relationship between mental and physical wellbeing and engaged, productive workers has been well researched. Today we’ll take a look at an infographic provided by LifeWorks, an Employee Assistance Program that takes a holistic approach to employee assistance and well-being. Many say that mitigating stress in the office can begin with recruiting so let’s take a look.
Let’s take a look at some of the highlights:
- Employees who are of poor health, including mental health, are less engaged.
- 50% of employees who are very healthy are engaged, whereas only 24% of those with poor health are.
- 65% of employees say workplace stress negatively impacts them.
- 42% of adults said they are not doing enough or aren’t sure whether they’re doing enough to manage their stress.
- 42% lie awake at night and 33% eat unhealthy foods.
Check out the full infographic below to find out why it’s crucial to talk about mental health and how you can provide support.
Waldorf, Md.-based Heather R. Huhman is a career expert, experienced hiring manager and president of Come Recommended, a content-marketing and digital-PR consultancy for job-search and human-resources technologies. She is the author of Lies, Damned Lies & Internships and #ENTRYLEVELtweet: Taking Your Career from Classroom to Cubicle.