We’re hearing a lot about branding these days, what it is, how to develop it, and how to defend it. It seems that social media and online communications have made it both easier to develop a brand and easier to threaten it. To talk about employment brands and what companies can do to develop and sustain their brand, we’ve asked attorney Kate Bischoff, SHRM-SCP, SPHR, to join us.
Kate will be addressing this critical topic in more depth at the upcoming Advanced Employment Issues Symposium (aeisonline.com) in Las Vegas November 10th. Her session will include the best practices for training & strategies for dealing with adverse employment events.
In this podcast, Kate:
- gives examples of the kinds of things that can threaten the brand
- explains HR’s role in brand protection
- provides steps an organization can take to establish an enviable brand
- defines the concept of brand sustainability and outlines how HR can create a sustainability plan
- offers tips for protecting the employment brand (both internally and externally); and more