Have Confidence You Are Hiring People Who Can Do the Job
Date: Tuesday, May 28, 2019
Time: 02:00 PM Eastern Standard Time
You probably already know that the cost of a bad hire is at least 30% of the employee’s first-year salary. With that kind of investment down the drain, you know you can’t afford to make a mistake in hiring. Add that we are in a tight labor market, you need to know precisely which candidates to choose and have confidence that they can do the job.
Pre-employment assessments help you know, in advance, if the candidate will fit any role, increasing hiring accuracy and validating hiring decisions.
In this webinar, we will discuss the value of skills testing, how to minimize adverse impact and why you need to focus on job-specific skills by conducting a job-analysis prior to testing. Learn how you can use pre-employment assessments as a proven method for selecting the right employees.
- How to choose assessments that match the job you need to fill
- How to combine assessments to reach the best hiring decisions
- How to start a successful skills testing effort with a job analysis
- How to determine the skills and the KSAO requirements for a job
- How to distinguish different types of assessments and recognize which ones are the best for you
|This program has been approved for 1 recertification credit hour toward PHR and SPHR recertification through the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI).|
|BLR is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM‑CP or SHRM‑SCP. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the SHRM Certification website at: www.shrm.org/certification|