Date: Tuesday, November 27, 2018
Time: 02:00 PM Eastern Standard Time
American employees have filed nearly 30,000 charges of pregnancy discrimination with the Equal Opportunity Employment Commission (EEOC) since 2010. Last year alone, the EEOC settled multiple cases for more than $15 million.
It’s important to mitigate your company’s risk and protect expectant employees from discrimination in every area of employment – including hiring, firing, seniority rights and job security. Gain a comprehensive, in-depth view of how to do that in this free webinar.
We will cover:
- what constitutes pregnancy discrimination
- the EEOC’s continued scrutiny on such claims
- employer confusion with pregnancy-related laws
- employer requirements for employee leave terms
- differing state legislation on pregnancy discrimination and family leave benefits
- best practices to prevent pregnancy discrimination in the workplace
|This program has been approved for 1 recertification credit hour toward PHR and SPHR recertification through the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI).|
|BLR is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM‑CP or SHRM‑SCP. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the SHRM Certification website at: www.shrm.org/certification|