Tag: Amber Grayhorse

If California employer loses employee payroll records, what happens?

What happens if an employer loses their payroll records or other basic employee records in California? Basic records include things like payroll records, employee benefit plans, trusts, collective bargaining agreements, incentive plans, employee contracts, all employee notices, etc. Many laws require maintenance of these basic records. But how long must they be kept? And what […]

What should be included in payroll records in California?

Payroll records are records that show the compensation information for all your employees. The California Employment Development Department (EDD) requires that records must provide a true and accurate account of all workers employed, no longer employed, on a leave of absence, and independent contractors.