In preparation for HRDA’s HR Upskilling & Employee Learning Week, from February 26 to March 1, this week’s HRDA Shorts episode explores how microlearning, upskilling, and reskilling opportunities affect retention efforts. Trish Holliday, Ph.D., Vice President of HR and Corporate Services at Nashville Electric Service, weighs in on the importance of career development and growth […]
Category: HR Videos
This topic contains video content related to human resources.
In an uncertain economy and a world still feeling the effects of COVID-19, HR leaders are constantly adapting to change. That said, 44% of HR leaders feel increased pressure to showcase the value of their work. Sarah Devereaux, Leadership Coach and Advisor at Third Coast Coaching, weighs in on what it takes to be an […]
The ADA defines a reasonable accommodation as “a modification or adjustment to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done during the hiring process.” Paige Hoster Good, Attorney and Shareholder at McAfee & Taft, shares best practices for employers handling a reasonable accommodation request.
There is no one-size-fits all approach to being a Chief HR Officer or Chief People Officer. In a world where transparency, communication, and people-first policies are key, HR leaders consistently have to adapt to the ever-evolving needs of their workers. Amy Haworth, certified professional coach, shares how the roles of CHRO and CPO have changed.
Research from Harvard University, the Carnegie Foundation, and Stanford Research Center found that 85% of career success comes from having well-developed soft skills and people skills. Interpersonal skills are even more essential for leaders. But, how can you cultivate these skills? Dr. Trish Holliday, Vice President of HR and Corporate Services at Nashville Electric Service, […]
In 2022, nearly 36% of the American workforce identified as independent workers. As freelance jobs and gig work become more common, HR leaders must be well informed on the intricacies of what it means to employ independent contractors. In this episode of HRDA Shorts, Teresa Shulda, Partner at Foulston Siefkin’s Employment & Labor Practice Group, […]
As the weather grows cooler, it’s once again time for open enrollment. Employees across the US have a short window of time to determine what benefits plans best suit their needs. As workers weigh the pros and cons of different dental, vision, and health insurance packages, HR leaders are busier than ever. Sony Jean-Michel Thornton, […]
To qualify for FMLA leave, individuals have to be employed by a covered employer for at least 12 months and also experience a qualifying circumstance (caregiving responsibilities or serious health conditions). Sharell Thomas-Hodge, Total Rewards Director at the YMCA of Metro Atlanta, shares tips and best practices for handling an employee’s request for a leave […]
54% of American workers report being content with the benefits their current employer offers. As employers prepare for open enrollment season, many may be considering implementing new perks that appeal to the remaining 46% of workers. Joshua Dunsby, PhD, VP of Client Advocacy and Consultant Relations at One Medical; Sony Jean-Thornton, Senior HR Business Partner […]
September is National Suicide Prevention and Awareness Month. The World Health Organization (WHO) estimates more than 700,000 people die due to suicide each year, and more than 1 in 5 US adults live with mental illness. If you or a loved one are struggling, remember, you’re not alone. Call or text 988 for a trained […]