Litigation Value: Training on Diversity and Harassment = $5,000; Settlement of Countless Employee Claims = a Shocking Amount; Years Worth of “That’s What She Said” Jokes = Priceless.
With Michael’s final season quickly approaching, last night’s repeat got me thinking about all my favorite Michael moments over the seasons. While Michael can be a human resources nightmare, he certainly has made us laugh (when we weren’t cringing). Here’s a list of my top 10 favorite examples of Michael’s “dash of razzle dazzle” management style. Who knows? Maybe TBS will even include a few of them during its Labor Day marathon of The Office.
- Michael grilling his foot on his George Foreman and scolding his employees for their lack of compassion toward his “disability.”
- Michael mistaking the company’s tech support employee for a terrorist before mistaking an insurance salesman for the mafia.
- Michael pelting college students with candy bars before dramatically exiting with a shout of “SUCK ON THAT!”
- Michael’s painfully drawn-out efforts to lay off an employee. “Yeah, I went hunting once. Shot a deer in the leg. Had to kill it with a shovel. Took about an hour. Why do you ask?”
- Michael asking Oscar if he prefers a less offensive term than “Mexican.”
- Michael asking Oscar for advice on how to make a colonoscopy more pleasurable and whether he should have a safe word.
- Michael unwittingly purchasing salad when trying to buy drugs to frame Toby.
- Michael dressing up as “Prison Mike,” calling Angela a “beyotch,” and telling Ryan he’d be the “belle of the ball.”
- Michael dubbing himself the “King of [Email] Forwards” and explaining, “You wouldn’t arrest a guy who was just passing drugs from one guy to another.”
- Michael finding something smelly and unpleasant in his office and exclaiming, “I am a victim of a hate crime! Stanley knows what I’m talking about . . . . Well, I hated it. A lot!”