As winter weary eyes eagerly watched to see if the groundhog would see his shadow, a large swath of the United States was paralyzed by record snow and ice forcing business closures, stranding traveling employees, knocking out power, and damaging buildings. This week, we’ve collected several articles we thought might help you deal with the current situation and prepare for future acts of Mother Nature. In the meantime, we all hope that Punxsutawney Phil is an accurate weatherman since he did not see his shadow, which legend says means spring will be early.
- Preparing for Natural Disasters and Other Bad Stuff (white paper)
- Pay, Time Off Issues for Office Closings Due to Inclement Weather
- Primer on Travel Time Pay for Workers
- Keeping Your Company Afloat after Flood, Oil Spill, Hurricane, or Terrorism
- Disaster Preparedness Checklist for Employers: Part 1
- Disaster Preparedness Checklist for Employers: Part 2
Audio Conference: Weather-Related Absenteeism: Policies, Payroll Adjustments, Telecommuting, and More