Dingee, director of strategic recruiting at retained search firm Staffing Advisors, offered her advice at BLR’s Advanced Employment Issues Symposium, held recently in Las Vegas. Dingee also writes for the blog Fistful of Talent.
Building your brand means telling your story, says Dingee. She offers three examples of companies that are good examples of how to do it right.
Oracle—‘You want to change the world, don’t you?’
Check out the Oracle careers website:
Then, perform Google searches on the following terms, says Dingee, to see what one company has done.
Learn how to make the most of LinkedIn for the purpose of recruiting. Start on Wednesday, January 6, 2016, with a new interactive webinar—LinkedIn for Recruiting: Go Beyond the Basics. Learn More
Amtrak—‘The future rides with us.’
Another organization that does a good job with its employment brand is Amtrak, says Dingee.
Conduct a search on careers@Amtrak to find a site that makes great use of employees. For example, go here and click on the video: https://jobs.amtrak.com/go/OBS-and-Station-Services-Jobs/539500/
Marriott—‘Where I belong’
Try a search on careers@marriott. Again, you’ll find an attractive careers website.
And, check out this page: https://instagram.com/marriottcareers/
This Instagram page vividly features the global reach of Marriott. (“4,200 properties, 80 countries, & 19 brands—the opportunities are endless! Meet the world through a career with Marriott. bit.ly/MeetTheWorld”)
How Do You Get Started?
Make an appointment with yourself, Dingee says, so you will be sure to do your work every day. Other ways to get started are:
- Find someone to manage your online activities who is passionate about your company and contemporary branding, says Dingee. If the person in charge views recruiting and branding as a chore, your effort will fail.
- Choose your platforms. Where are you going to tell your story?
- Build your profiles. What’s the story going to be?
- Get your team on board.
- Engage! Post! Share! Champion!
LinkedIn has become a vital tool for online recruiting. But navigating LinkedIn beyond the basics might leave you feeling lost and confused. As a recruiter, how do you frame your searches to find the right field of candidates, and then winnow out the field to get the best of the bunch? Fortunately there’s timely help in the form of BLR’s new webinar—LinkedIn for Recruiting: Go Beyond the Basics. In just 60 minutes, on Wednesday, January 6, you’ll learn everything you need to know about efficiently recruiting with LinkedIn.
Register today for this interactive webinar.
Struggling to find the candidates you want on LinkedIn? Join us Wednesday, January 6, 2016, for a new interactive webinar, LinkedIn for Recruiting: Go Beyond the Basics. Earn 1 hour in HRCI Recertification Credit and 1 hour in SHRM Professional Development Credit. Register Now
By participating in this interactive webinar, you’ll learn:
- Practical tools and tips for using LinkedIn to recruit in the real world
- Actual examples of search terms that work to unearth passive candidates
- How to navigate LinkedIn and post the information you want to show to attract top talent
- The importance of joining relevant groups and participating in discussions to expand your network
- How to narrow the field when you are overwhelmed with a bumper crop of potential employees
- The best ways to engage with potential hires—and how to approach them
- What to avoid when recruiting on LinkedIn
- And much more!
Wednesday, January 6, 2016
2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. (Eastern)
1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. (Central)
12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. (Mountain)
11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. (Pacific)
Approved for Recertification Credit and Professional Development Credit
This program has been approved for 1 credit hour toward recertification through the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI) and 1 credit hour towards SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM.
Join us on Wednesday, January 6, 2016—you’ll get the in-depth LinkedIn for Recruiting: Go Beyond the Basics webinar AND you’ll get all of your particular questions answered by our experts.
Train Your Entire Staff
As with all BLR®/HR Hero® webinars:
- Train all the staff you can fit around a conference phone.
- Get your (and their) specific phoned-in or e-mailed questions answered in Q&A sessions that follow the presentation.