Regardless of how many years of experience training and development professionals have, there’s always more to learn. In fact, with the many impacts on employee training and development these days—from keeping up with various industry innovations and regulations, to the widespread impacts of technology, it’s fair to say that few can really claim up-to-the-minute expert status.
That’s why training conferences remain such an important aspect of personal and professional development for those in the industry. In 2018, a number of conferences promise to offer insights, information, and opportunities for interaction and networking. Here’s a look at some top conferences to consider this year:
- CLO Symposium 2018—March 26–28, Ft. Lauderdale. Presenters examine the forces driving corporate educators to adapt the learning experience.
- Training and Development Summit in Boston—a BLR Forum Event April 23–24 in Boston; November 12–13 in Austin. Fit a year’s worth of learning into two action-packed days. Topics range from insights on legal and new legislation to motivation and management.
- ATD 2018 International Conference and Exposition—May 6–9 in San Diego. This conference includes a keynote by ex-President Barack Obama.
- HR Technology Conference & Exposition—September 11–14 in Las Vegas. Vendors and sessions to keep you up-to-date on the latest technology options and innovations.
- Workforce Learning & Development—November 15-16 in Las Vegas. The purpose of this event is to help build a superior professional development program that supports business growth and workforce retention.
This is really just the tip of the iceberg but should give you an indication of the various educational offerings you and your colleagues have to choose from in 2018. Attending one—or if you’re fortunate—all of these conferences can help you stay on top of your game.